233: Change of Plans

By -=/\=- Captain Zanh
80321.15
Immediately Following Two Faced

-=Sickbay=-

Just after the doctor finished with Dane’s transformation, her combadge chirped.

[Bridge to Terasha.]

“Go ahead.”

[There's a priority one subspace message coming in for you, Doctor.] Sue Tenney announced. [It’s from Andoria.]

Terasha and Zanh exchanged a look, as the physician turned a paler shade of blue and headed into her office. “Put it through.”

Zanh and Cristiane waited silently for her to return, and when she did it was apparent from the look on her face that the news had not been good.

‘Captain, I have been summoned, concerning an urgent family matter,” Terasha removed her combadge without a moment’s hesitation and handed it to the Captain. “I’m sorry, I cannot stay.”

“Stand out there,” Zanh said to Dane, sending him out into the waiting room. She turned to the doctor with evident concern, lowering her voice. “Do you require assistance in arranging transportation? Do you want to take anyone with you?”

“I will find my own way home. I am sure that Kathy, once I explain to her,” Terasha said, not finishing the sentence.

“I understand. I will approve her request if she wants to go with you, and I wish you well with the situation, whatever it may involve.”

"Thank you, Captain." Terasha picked up her antique stethoscope and draped it around her neck. "I will need to inform the hologram of the status of our remaining patients. Computer, activate long-term medical hologram."

The LMH appeared, looking startled. A moment before, he'd been in Holodeck Two, enjoying the very end of a spirited celebration.

"Good luck, Doctor." Zanh sighed as she left the Andorian to her final duties aboard ship and approached Cristiane in the waiting room.

She tapped her badge. “Zanh to O’Sullivan,”

[Yes, Captain?]

“We’re going to have to go with plan B, and hope for the best.”

[Understood. O’Sullivan out.]

“Come on.” Zanh said, striding past Dane and out into the corridor. “We’ve got work to do.”

-=/\=-Captain Zanh
Commanding Officer
USS Serendipity NCC-2012