100: Shore Leave


by Lt. Avery Breaux
80119.00
During the Celebration Dinner

--=Arboretum=--

Avery was trading stories with some of the others as he continued, "...no you see this place was only known to the locals, and of course to Starfleet personnel on stop-overs..."

Kellyn added, "Nefarious types who needed extra security."

The group chuckled and Breaux continued, "Yes...exactly...now my CEO at the time, he'd been thrown out of more places than I had been in, but...I had to take him along."

The group groaned collectively. They sat in a circle, tunics unbuttoned, some with glasses in hand.

"Exactly...no good can come of this," Avery continued..."so we get to the corner of Royal and St. Peter, and the sign says, 'Toussaints', but I have to convince him that it's ok...

"Right, right," someone in the group says aloud as if anticipating the punch line.

Breaux continues, "So we get half-way through the main course, not that any of us were in any condition to recall what we were eating, and who do I see?...the group from the Ajax that we'd run into down on Bienville Street..."

Again, the group groans.

Breaux starts to laugh and stops himself in order to continue, "...so...so...I notice and try to excuse myself so I can get to the stairs..."

Kellyn laughs aloud, "You coward!"

Breaux counters, "No! No!...I'm a reasonable young man who sees an avenue of escape..." He laughs and continues, "But I get to the edge of the table and I see the Ajax crew headed our way...and I see bottles in some of the their hands and the looks on their faces...it's plain to see...there is no way out."

"And your CEO?" Kellyn asks.

"Oh he's a goner...he's still pounding Hurricanes like he's putting out a fire, and he's holding court at the top of his voice...now you remember, he's the one who talked us into the mess..."

"So what did you do?" a voice asks from his left.

Breaux turns, "What else could I do? I pretended to faint and the restaurant staff came and got me out of there," he begins laughing uproariously.

Kellyn punches at his arm, laughing, "You ARE a coward!"

Breaux and the others are laughing, "No...these Ajax men were HUGE!..." he continues laughing, "...with their Apollo class pent-up rage..."

"What happened to the Chief Engineer?"

Avery tops off his drink, "As they carried me down the stairs I saw him wrestling with two from the Ajax,"...Breaux takes a sip, "...the next day on board Erasmus he doesn't remember a thing...wonders where all the cuts came from...so to this day if I hear Ajax...I feel faint." The group laughed and Breaux just shook his head in mock disappointment.


-------------------
Lt. Avery Breaux
Engineer
USS Serendipity NCC-2012

NRPG: With this fantastic post, we reach the 100 mark: in just over six weeks since we launched.


So far we've had adventure, romance, rescue, intrigue, and we're just getting warmed up.


Thank you, Serendipity crew, from the bottom of my heart. It's just about to start getting really good. . . ~ZL