105: Working the Room

By Lt. SG Avery Breaux and Nurse Kathy Miller
80121.7
--=still during the Arboretum Party, before First Assignment=--


Breaux was making an attempt to meet with as many of the crew as possible, and worked his way about the arboretum. As he turned, he partially collided with an attractive young nurse. Breaux worked his glass so that he would limit his spilling, and if it did spill it would be on him, not the young lady.

"I beg your pardon," he offered to Kathy. "I'm in too much of a hurry... but look," he held up his glass, "didn't spill a drop!" He smiled. "I'm Avery Breaux, can I get you something to drink?"

Kathy was meandering through the crowd, her sites set on someone to talk to, when she was almost bowled over by a mountain. With an 'oof,' she looked up and saw an engineer deftly keeping from spilling his drink.

While he introduced himself, she regained her ability to breath.

"I'm Kathy Miller, the new nurse. I just arrived with Dr. Terasha." She looked at the glass in his hand. "I'll have whatever you're having."

Breaux deftly spun and found a Breshtanti ale... he knew he would regret mixing his drinks... handing it to Kathy he smiled, "Here you are...welcome to the Sera!" He lifted his glass in a toast. "Alright Nurse Miller, please tell me all about you, before I share my sordid past with you, and you run off with some young, dashing Astrophysicist."

Kathy accepted the drink and gave it a quick sniff.

"Why, Mr. Breaux, if this is what I think it is, I'd need to wonder if you're trying to get me drunk!" Kathy's eyes danced mischievously, then she took a gulp of the ale. "Ah! Hits the spot." She studied his face for a moment before continuing.

Avery laughed out loud and took a sip.

"There's not much to tell about little, ole me. "I was posted to the Magellan right after graduating from Starfleet Medical, served there
five years, then came here with Dr. Terasha. I'm not exactly sure what
this is all about, but since Starfleet deemed I was worthy, then I must
be!" She giggled, then took another gulp of her drink.

"Well the crew is impressive from what I've seen-I'm glad to be a part of the group... as for me... I'm from New Orleans on Earth and this party is up to our French Quarter standards... Ms Fleur, the chef has done an amazing job, "Avery commented and took another drink.

"The Magellan... I've heard tales about the Magellan... I'd like to
compare notes with you sometime, I've been studying for the Starfleet medical exams for some time now... I'd like to hear about some of your experiences aboard the Magellan," Breaux said sincerely. "But... you...where are from?... family?... hobbies?... can I expect to see you on the holodeck whitewater rafting?"

"Sure, I can tell the tales of the Magellan, though I'm sure they're pretty much the same as what you've experienced in your past assignments," said Kathy. "As far as the rafting, tell me when and where, and I'm there!"

Breaux nodded, "Excellent... we can get together on my next cycle off if you like..."

"It's a date," said Kathy with another giggle and one last gulp of her drink.

Breaux moved off to meet yet another member of the crew.

Lt. Avery Breaux
Engineering Officer
USS Serendipity NCC-2012

and

Ensign Kathy Miller
Nurse
USS Serendipity NCC-2012